Help needed for Masks for MassachusettsMasks for Massachusetts
Dr. Michael Rosenblatt, Leahy Clinic, and his family seek volunteers to sew masks.
Facebook Group page (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CMI in conjunction with CSCR would like to help find 30 volunteers to participate in the project.
- It’s recommended that you use a sewing machine.
- The raw materials are already boxed for individuals to use.
- You receive a yard of fabric along with thread, ties, and other supplies in your kit.
- You should be able to make between 12 and 15 masks for each yard of fabric.
- Each mask takes about 20 minutes to complete.
- It’s recommended that you complete the job within 5-7 days.
How to Participate:
- Please email Jack Buckley if you would like to receive your box of supplies.
- Jack’s email address is email@example.com
- Use the Subject Line “Masks for MA volunteer”
- Provide your name, town, and number of boxes desired.
Pick up and drop off points will be staged in Cohasset and Braintree.
Social Distancing rules will be in effect:
- Pending permission, supplies will be distributed in empty parking lots. It is hoped that high school parking lots in Cohasset and in Braintree can be used.
- Volunteers picking up supplies will wear gloves of their choosing.
- Interactions with people will take place respecting the 6’ social distancing rule.
- 5-7 days later, the reverse will take place- volunteers will return their masks in the same box, following the same protocols.
Masks will be delivered to South Shore Hospital, unless the group directs the need to a different hospital.
Thank you to all who can help,
President and Founder
Center for Student Coastal Research
Cohasset Maritime Institute